River Bhote Kosi: meaning – ‘The harmony of Tibet and the Himalayas’ (2 days)
The Bhote Kosi is regarded as one of the best short white water rafting trips in the world. It is the steepest river that is rafted in Nepal, with continuous rapid action making this river a full-on commitment and a huge adrenaline rush.
This is an ideal trip for those wanting a short but intense and thrilling rafting trip. It is better suited to those who has some previous rafting experience.
Season Grading Water Volume
September – December 5- Approx.100 – 50 cumecs
January – May 4+ Approx. 40 cumecs
June – August (Lower section only) 4+ Approx 180 cumecs
Baseri (95 km.) the main put in point for Bhote Kosi River is 4 hour drive North-East of Kathmandu. Transportation to Baseri will be by private transport. The 25 km. of river action takes two days. The road journey from the ‘Dam’ – take out point is approx. 3 hours to Kathmandu. There is an orientation meeting early in the evening before the trip, providing you with an opportunity to ask any further questions you may have, to meet your fellow rafters and also your guide.
- All transportation from and to the Rafting Points.
- All Safety Equipments (Life jacket and helmet while on rafting).
- Water proof Bag for your valuable things.
- All meal during the Rafting Period (3 meals a day, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with Tea, Coffee and Hot Water).
- 1 night accommodation at tented camp.
- Comprehensive medical kit.
- Full rafting staff (crew) including guides, helper, and cook and as per requirements.
- Tourist service charge, Vat.
- Office Service charge.
- All taxes.
- Any meals and accommodation in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
- Travel insurance.
- International air fare to and from Nepal.
- Nepal Tourist Visa fees.
- Items and expenses of personal nature.
- Transportation to your next destination.
- Any kind of alcoholic drinks, hot shower, cold drinks, snacks, laundry, phone call, internet.
- Personal equipment.
This is departure.
What we provide
Along with our high quality self-bailing rafts, we provide helmets, plastic paddles, wetsuits, lifejackets, and first aid kit.
We provide plentiful, healthy and hygienically prepared food and drinks. Tents and sleeping mats are also provided.
All our equipment is of the highest quality, clean and well maintained.
What to bring
Please bring with you shorts and a T-shirt for on the river, suitable footwear for wearing in the raft, warm clothing for the evenings, a towel, sun block and your camera. A flashlight is also useful.
What you need to tell us
Please tell us if you are a non-swimmer, or not very confident in the water. Also it is essential that you inform us of any medical conditions that may affect your wellbeing on the trip. Don’t forget to request vegetarian meals if required.
Himal Reisen takes the safety of its clients very seriously. All our guides are licensed, with many years of experience on the rivers of Nepal and European countries. All are trained in CPR, First Aid and advanced river rescue techniques.